As part of our inch-by-inch progression towards Mixxx 1.12.0 – it was high time we upgraded our old-and-busted build system for Windows, Mac and Linux. We need testers for our new environment!
UPDATE: We are moving on to the next phase of our release process. We are now packaging both debug and release builds. When you go to http://downloads.mixxx.org/builds/1.12/ you will have the choice of release or debug. Please start testing release builds and report (make sure to mention which type you are using).
These build should work on:
- Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and newer
- Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.10
- Windows XP through Windows 8
We need test results from EVERY OS version – so if you are running a less common version we could especially use your help.
Removed direct links since we update builds regularly now. New builds will show up at http://downloads.mixxx.org/builds/1.12/. Click through and select the most recent 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) build to download.
Attention Ubuntu users – we have a PPA for nightly builds: https://launchpad.net/~mixxx/+archive/ubuntu/mixxxbetas.
Note: You can run Mixxx 32-bit on a 64-bit version of Windows. You can’t run a 64-bit version of Mixxx on a 32-bit version of Windows. If you are on 64-bit Windows, it would be helpful if you could test out both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Please answer the following questions:
- Mixxx build file name you installed: (for example mixxx-1.12.0-alpha-1.12-git4688-debug-x86.exe). (please post the EXACT file name as it tells us specifically what version you are running – every part is significant!).
- System Info (processor, RAM, graphics card, etc. – provide as much or as little detail as you want)
- Windows version AND service pack – right-click My Computer and hit Properties. Example: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
- Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?
- Mixxx 32-bit or 64-bit build? (i.e. which you downloaded above)
- Did the installer succeed?
- Did it crash on start-up? (If so, how, can you repeat it, what error messages, etc.)
- Did it crash after start-up? (If so, how, can you repeat it, what error messages, etc.)
- Did MP3 files load and play?
- Did M4A/AAC files load and play?
- Did WAV files load and play?
- Did FLAC files load and play?
- Did OGG files load and play?
- Did Filtered (GL) waveforms work?
- Did GLSL waveforms work?
- Did Software waveforms work?
- Any corruption / glitching?
- 64-bit Mixxx crash on start-up when 64-bit JACK for Windows is installed.
If a crash occurs – you will be super-awesome if you include any (ideally all) of these: