Akai APC 40 MIDI Mapping

If there is anyone interested in getting a mapping done for the APC40, let it be known! I sure am.

The piece of tech is a nice little box; I bought it because it was a value for what you would comparatively get for $1000 by buying a “digital vinyl” MIDI interface like a xone 4d ($2500 in this case), dx, or NI’s S4, and the like, stuff that is laid out like a traditional turntable. It’s a bit different, of course, taking a Monome take on performing live, but I think it could work nicely with mixxx, especially for FX.

It’s not a very conventional controller, and there is one problem with it.
I remember reading in a review that each collum of buttons and the associated fader transmit the same cc and info on different channels, so if the software cant distingush between mesages on different channels, you can only use one set of buttons and one fader.
I dont know if mixxx can.
And i’m pretty sure this is accurate :slight_smile:

Oh, Mixxx can. :wink: You’ll just need to add more blocks in the MIDI mapping XML file.

I’m positive mixxx can do it; I think how it works is that for each of the “track selection buttons” an entire different set of MIDI messages is used for the knobs on the right hand side, or something like that; the Akai APC 40 tech manual with exact specs on the MIDI stuff is available for download for free on their website, just google it. It’s possible to have a functional mapping in mixxx for the apc 40, though.

Greetings, Im having trouble mapping the apc40, Has anyone got one or working on one?

Ill try some more when I have the extra time.

Peace

Iv’e had no luck, anyone else??

Bumping this thread.

Wanted to see if anyone has an XML file for mapping the APC40 for use with mixxx?

Thanks,
Brandon

Ok , today is my first day here. I have what you need… I just revamped the apc 40 to run as a midi effects controler with mapping including led lights. I am happy to share what you need. I will post videos on use and terms… where is a quick look at some stuff you might need to know…

[code]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
															|
		 CLIP LAUNCH / SESSION OVERVIEW				SCENE_				TRACK SELECTION		|
									LAUNCH							|
A	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	1			o	o	o	o	|
												1	2	3	4	|
B	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	1			o	o	o	o	|
												5	6	7	8	|
C	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	1			_	_   UP  _	_	|
													    /\	    __		|
D	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	1			_ LEFT  <	>  RIGHT	|
													    \/	_	_	|
E	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	1				   DOWN			|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |
CLIP 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 STOP_ALL_ | DEVICE CONTROL |
STOP CLIPS | o o o o |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 1 2 3 4 |
TRACK TRACK SELECTION | o o o o |
SELECT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 MASTER | 5 6 7 8 |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| _ _ _ _ |
ACTIVATOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | |
SOLO/CUE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 CUE LEVEL | _ _ _ _ |
RECORD_ARM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| __ __ __ |
| | | | | | | | | PLAY STOP REC |
| | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | ---------------- |
| | | | | | | | | CROSSFADER |
| | | | | | | | | |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 MASTER

I had a issue with one row of buttons due to the fact the midi info from ableton was wrong…

[/code]

made the xml file in text wrangler but mixxx won’t recognize it. what do i have to do to make the xml recognizable by mixxx?

I was working on a mapping for the APC-40, but bought a Mixtrack Pro II before really completing it.
It’s usable though, and quite fun (uses two of the rotary encoders as jog wheels), I’ll post the files if anyone fancies taking it over and completing it.

It’s probably a bit late here but I would be interested to see how you mapped the encoders as jog wheels.

Is there a mapping floating around anywhere? Just had a friend get one, thought it might work well with the 64 sampler skins.