In order to avoid software monitoring for my microphone in Mixxx, I’m having a look to the direct monitoring.
The idea would be as described above
- Microphone plugged on a sound card (an ESU22 from ESI)
- DJ controller set with Mixxx (a Denon MC 4000)
- The sound from the microphone and Mixxx set as sources in Jack to avoid latency and be in «direct monitoring» conditions
- Jack sending everything to Butt for the broadcasting.
First of all : does this schemes seems correct ?
Second points : the questions…
- With such a configuration, where do I plug my headphone ?
- If I plug it on the Denon, I’ll get the sound of the mixxx turntables (pfl or main mix) but no monitoring from the microphone, unless I can send the sound from the microphone to the headphone output of the Denon.
- If I plug it on my laptop for example, how will I be able to choose if I want to hear the pfl from mixxx or the main mix ? And how to set Jack to send the main mix and the microphone to Butt while listening to microphone / pfl / main mix in my headphone ? It seems horribly complicated.
- And last : how to set jack ? I’m only trying to send the sound of my microphone to the speakers of my laptop thru jack and, I’m becoming mad to understand how it works, even with the help of a website called «MAO Linux».
I’m suppose many of you already had those problems and maybe found a nicer and easier configuration. Could you help me to set mine ?
Edit : in other words, is it possible to have a direct monitoring of my microphone and / or mixx with the Denon ?
Thank you very much.