I recently picked up a used Pioneer DDJ-SX3 for a good price, and have been having a blast with it. I was sad to see no ready-made controller script.
Just wanted everyone to know that I began modifying a DDJ-SX2 controller script I found online. It was marked DDJ-SX3, but it didn’t work with the SX3, and appeared to be only SX2, so it was either a work-in-progress, or mistyped, and it appears to have been abandoned.
The script I found came from here: GitHub - ardje/Mixxx-Pioneer-DDJ-SX3: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 MIDI Mapping for Mixxx
I haven’t forked/cloned the project yet, but I am considering it. I haven’t much experience with git, but I will learn, then I can enter all my changes, and hope someone can help collaborate to fix the remaining issues with me.
So far it’s working pretty well for me, but the slicer is still not working.
Would anyone like to try what I’ve done so far, and offer feedback?
PIONEER-DDJ-SX3 Controller Mapping.zip (19.2 KB)
Don’t laugh at the comments in the script. Some were done by someone else, and the obviously-mine ones will not remain like that, I wanted a quick way to find the changes I made.
I’ve managed to get a lot of the issues fixed up.
- Fixed the vu meter. It was not working, and the scaling algorithm wasn’t right. I came up with reasonable vu meter code, which does the trick, but would love to see if anyone has a better solution.
- Fixed a problem with the jog wheel. There was an annoying delay introduced that would occur when one releases the jog wheel before audio would resume playing.
- Fixed the quantize LED
- Fixed the keylock LED
- Fixed the FX buttons and related LEDs
- Added the ability to set defaults for which features are enabled upon startup (eg: quantize, keylock, FX assignment) to one of: Off, On, Last Used
- Added the ability to set defaults for the master volume, headphone and headphone mix. For my particular setup, the defaults weren’t ideal, and changing them upon execution was annoying.
- Fixed various controller mapping issues.