Alright, two streams in a row. We’ve got a pattern at least.
- mixxx.log last recorded message was three minutes before the crash
- last log messages were about the song prior to the two songs in the player
- dmesg and journalctl were likewise unhelpful
- track being mixxed out of in deck 2 is the same track as the previous crash (Mittone - Pitch It Down)
- this track wasn’t logged to mixxx.log
- closing and opening Mixxx back up did not fix the issue
- required restarting JACK and Mixxx to get audio /playback restored
I doubt it’s a permissions issue on the file as it looks fairly consistent with the rest of the music in that directory. None of which I’ve had any issue with.
-rw------- 1 8052630 Jul 2 19:02 'Deed - Padimpo.mp3'
-rw------- 1 11975795 Jul 5 16:21 'Dots Per Inch x Major Key - How Could You Lie To Me.mp3'
-rw------- 1 9872161 Jul 2 21:31 'Farah Farz - Do The Grapevine.mp3'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 13899631 Jul 4 22:08 'INNDRIVE - Go Away (Extended Mix).mp3'
-rw------- 1 7729728 Jul 5 16:20 KiddaJacoBMyClick.mp3
-rw------- 1 13374099 Jul 6 21:25 'Lipe Forbes and Bruno And Juliana Barbosa - Come On Over.mp3'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 10761513 Jul 6 21:45 'Mittone - Pitch It Down.mp3'
-rw------- 1 9502809 Jul 2 19:05 'Psilocybin Laden - Fuck off.mp3'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 7029207 Jul 5 16:22 'Vanilla Ace Mr Fitz - Birdcall.mp3'
-rw------- 1 11199361 Jul 5 16:23 'We are your friends (Skemaddox bootleg remix).mp3'
It’s not any different from any other folders with music that I’m using, at least.
The only other thing I can think of, and I suspect it’s a longshot, is some kind of file lock / access priority issue as I’ve got Mega running in the background, syncing all my music. I’ve noticed that Mixxx makes some minor changes to files (metadata tags?), which then automatically sync. If it’s trying to perform operations while Mega is working on it… maybe?
This particular track was a wave download that I locally converted to 320kb mp3 with ffmpeg. I do the same process with all the wave files I download, so I’m not suspicious of the encoding.
The track is suspicious, but I can’t put my finger on why. These are all the things going on while I’m streaming.
- this track
- Mega running sync in the background
- recording audio via mixxx
- routing audio via JACK to OBS
- streaming via OBS
- recording video via OBS
- droidcam capturing video via phone over USB
The droidcam stream is new for the last two streams, but it doesn’t feel like the likely culprit here as it’s not interacting with Mixxx at all, just OBS.
My next step is to try playing with just the track common to the crashes and seeing if it’s reproducible that way.