DDM4000 Controller Mapping

Hi Everyone, this is my first post don´t be cruel :smiley:

I´ve look about a mapping for a DDM400 and cause i didn´t find it i tried to do it myself, and that is the result:

With this mapping you can use all the 4 desk with the equalizers (also the kill buttons) the headphone button and obviously the fader
Use the sampler buttons to navigate in the Library (and take it with the mode button of every desk), . I use the CF ASSIGN Light A to show the beat of the music in every desk too.

I hope the users of the DDR4000 will enjoy it.

Thanks.

Nice, you also mapped pfl and quantize, and some library controls.

It would be kind if you would open a pull request on https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/ so we can include the mapping in Mixxx and other users can use it immediately (without the hazzle of having to install it manually).

Step one is already done: you made a mapping :slight_smile:
Next step would be to read through the Contributing Mappings page and learn some basic git commands, but don’t worry about that too much, we’ll be happy to assist once the PR is opened.

Nice to have: replace all those MIDI Learned from xxy messages. text with basic descriptions, like ‘EQ’ or ‘library’ or ‘faders’. That way users can easily sort the input mapping s in Preferences > Controller and change it to their liking.

Thanks!

Hello

I’m starting mixxx and I would like to use midi also on my ddm4000 but I don’t know anything about how to use its configuration here, could you help please.
Thanks Rodrigo

ping @TheArmitage Do you mind opening a PR on https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pulls so other users can use your mapping easier?

@svierzoski Open Options > Preferences > Controllers
In the main page you can fin dinstructions how to install this mapping.

Thanks to @TheArmitage for the mapping. It works and contains all mappings for the 4 channels.

I want to let you know that I’m working on a component-based mapping for this mixer, containing additional features like the crossfader and sampler section. It’s not feature-complete, so I didn’t open a PR yet, but should work fine.

- Christian

@mixxx-user You can already open a draft PR. You might get early feedback instead of having to rewrite parts of the mapping after you already finished. Also, make sure to use our pre-commit hooks.

This mapping depends on PR#3342 which I created a few weeks ago. PR#3342 contains a set of generic components that are also used for the DDM4000. When I open a PR for the DDM4000 against branch 2.3 now, it would contain changes of both PRs. @hlzhs, do you nevertheless suggest opening a draft PR for the DDM4000 mapping?

Is that a completely different mapping from the one @TheArmitage posted?

Hi ronso, sorry for the late, I have made a pull request, I will try to format it as you told me when I have some time.

Regards.

Hi, Christian, I don´t remember if I give use to the fader, I made this mapping rudimentary, if i have some time I´ll try to verify the fader (now the mixer are in a wardrobe) I use the sampler sesion to navigate accross the library, cause it is more useful to me.
regards.

Hi, I did this mapping from zero, using the documentation of the DDM4000 MIDI interface. I didn´t see your mapping, I supose it will be great, but mine its not based about yours.
Regards.

@Be, my mapping is written from scratch and not based on the one by @TheArmitage from this thread.

My motivation was a complete mapping of all areas including exotic ones (crossfader on/off, cf curve, sampler with loop & reverse), and the use of Component JS.

I opened PR#3542 that supersedes PR#3533 (the mapping by TheArmitage). PR#341 contains the manual. Both PRs are drafts currently.

This mapping and its documentation have been integrated into Mixxx 2.3.

In addition to the default mapping that is shipped with Mixxx 2.3, I created a custom mapping for the DDM4000, containing the following features:

• The microphone section is mapped to Effect Unit 1
  • The inner channels 2 & 3 control Deck 1 & 2
  • The outer channels 1 & 4 control effects for Deck 1 & 2 (e.g. Loop, Reverse, Key)
  • The EQ buttons of the crossfader section also control effects for Deck 1 & 2

The attached archive contains the mapping and an updated version of the manual (PDF, HTML and source). Feedback is appreciated.

ddm4000-fx-mapping.2021-09-05.zip (1012.8 KB)

Hi everyone,

I’ve downloaded Mixxx for the first time today and was excited to get it going using my DDM4000 as a MIDI controller.

I’ve spent the last few hours trying to make it work with the MIDI mapping but I can’t get it working for the life of me. I’ve just installed the lastest maps from the above post, I can see that Mixxx recognises the latest maps but I have no control over the software with the mixer, so there must be something else I’m doing wrong…

I’ve followed the steps in the Mixxx manual to use the DDM4000 as a controller, as well as the steps in the Behringer manual for MIDI set up and have been Googling for almost 3 hours. So finally I’m posting here for help!

The mixer is connected to my Windows 10 laptop with a MIDI-USB cable (my soundcard doesn’t support MIDI), the MIDI settings on the mixer are set to on for everything and the MIDI channel is set to 1.

If anyone can help me with info about connecting the mixer correctly or some other settings I need to change, that would be very much appreciated!

I’ve attached an image of the MIDI settings on the DDM4000 as an FYI.

Many thanks, Evan :slight_smile:

Well, that looks all good. Maybe there’s a problem in your physical setup or MIDI configuration.

You could try starting Mixxx with developer support enabled: "C:\Program Files\Mixxx\mixxx.exe" --controllerDebug --developer --logLevel debug --logFlushLevel debug. After Mixxx is started, open the Developer Tools from the Developer menu and open the Log tab. Scroll down to the bottom. When you press a button on the mixer, a message should be printed to the log. When you change a control within Mixxx (e.g. the volume fader of Deck 1), there should also be a message. If this is not the case, your controller is not connected correctly, and a screenshot of your Settings / Controller section would be helpful.

Kind regards

• Christian
1 Like

You could also try to interchange the MIDI IN and OUT cable.

1 Like

Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for you reply! I’ve opened Mixxx in developer mode and am getting no messages printed in the log when I press a button on the external mixer, or when I change a control within Mixxx, volume fader, crossfader etc.

As the other user suggested, I reversed the connection of the MIDI cable and the MIDI interface is now flashing when the MIDI Start/Stop button has been pressed, indicating the mixer is indeed sending a MIDI signal.

I’ve attached screen shots of the Debug log and I’ll add the screen shot of the Controller section in a second post (as a n00b I can’t post more than one pic in a reply yet) so hopefully you can help me troubleshoot this further. I feel like I’m getting closer to making this work!

Cheers,

Evan :slight_smile:

Screen shot of Controller section:

EDIT

Sorry @mixxx-user - I’m limited to 3 posts per thread as I’m new so I can’t just reply to your post, I have to edit older posts to continue this conversation :frowning:

Anyway, thanks for your help!

So in MIDIView, I get constant signal being transmitted when the MIDI Start/Stop button is pushed on the mixer. And the MIDI In light on the MIDI/USB cable blinks green rapidly when this is happening. Pushing a button or moving a fader on the mixer yields no clear response.

When the MIDI Start/Stop button is turned off, the signal stops. When I push a button or move a fader on the mixer, the MIDI In light on the MIDI/USB cable flashes in response, but no incoming message is received by MIDIView.

Feel free to send me a PM if that’s easier due to my posting restrictions :slight_smile: