There is my almost-finished mapping for the DJ tech Kontrol One.
Below is the description of mapping.
The SHIFT Key is used to Access 2nd Function of Controls.
It is also used to trigger a LED refresh in case of Deck Switch, beacuse the Deck Switch knob does not send midi event.
1. Normal: Play/Stop
2. Shift Down: Toggle keylock
Light is on when deck is playing
1. Normal: Cue Default
1. Shift Down: Jump to the start of track
Light is ON when keylock is set
Light Flashes With Stutter when track is closer to the end
1. Normal: Sync (Only tempo if track is stopped, both tempo and phase otherwise)
2. Shift Down: align beatgrid
Light is bound to Beat Acive
- When track is playing: temporary pitchbend (Jog)
- When track is stopped scratch: if keylock is enabled it will be temporary disabled
- When in Loop Mode: Move Loop at smallest step possible (according to beatloop distance array defined in script).
1. Normal: Temporary pitch bend +/-
2 Shift Down: Set small rate +/-
Pitch slider acts a Pitch Slider with soft takeover:)
1. Normal: Toggle Loop Mode
2 Shift Down: Set Loop In
1. Normal: Moves Loop Forward, according to Dialed Beatjump (See Knob RLP3)
2 Shift Down: Set Loop Out
In Loop Mode:
1. Normal: Loop Half/Double
2 Shift Down: Moves Loop Forward,/Backward according to Dialed Beatjump (See Knob RLP3)
Outside Loop Mode:
CUE BUTTONS (CUE1-4)
1. Normal: Set Cue (if not set), goto Cue (if set)
2 Shift Down: Delete Cue (if set)
BEATSYNC BUTTONS (1-4)
1. Normal: Beatsync sampler
2. Shift Down: Load selected Track Into Sampler
SAMPLE BUTTONS (1-4)
1. Normal: Play Sample
2. Shift Down: Toggle Repeat
KNOB 4 - “LOAD”
. Knob Turn: Browse Library
. Knob Press: Load Track in first available deck
2. Shift Down: . Knob Turn: Browse Playlists . Knob Press: Toggle Playlist (Expand/Collapse) Light is bound to VuMeter
KNOB 3 - “RLP3”
While Not in Loop Mode
. Knob Rotate: Enter Beatloop Roll Mode/adjust Loop Lenght
. Knob Press: Enter Loop Mode
While In Loop Mode:
. Knob Turn: Adjust Loop/Looproll Lenght (…,2,4,8,16);
. Knob Press: Exit Loop Mode
2. Shift Down: . Knob Turn: Dial Beatjump Lenght . Knob Press:
KNOB 2 - “RLP2”
2. Shift Down
. Knob Turn: Waveform Zoom
. Knob Press: Set Waveform Zoom to default (3)
- When exiting loop mode, LEDS not always turn off as expected, even if MIDI messages are sent correctly.
- When keylock is activated, scratch is disengaged it acts weird, even if keylock is disabled.
Comments and feedback are welcome.
DJ Tech Kontrol One - Brick.zip (9.22 KB)