most of the controls work as you’d expect.
- twice the resolution for all faders+pots compared to a midi version
- full led feedback
- fx mode just enables flanger with 3 different settings - must be something more interesting i could put in there
- forgot to map the headphone cue button - will do that soon
- the fx/cue/loop toggle button switches between those 3 and a ‘kill mode’. in this mode all 3 leds light up to indicate which kills haven’t been enabled
- pitchbend left/right for deck1 scroll through tracks and load to each deck for the deck2 buttons
- the beatlock buttons reset the pitch fader
- track left/right beatjump 8 beats in each direction
- would be nice to have a scratch on/off toggle if i can sacrifice one of the other buttons and leds
- i didn’t use the joystick and load a/b buttons as they function as a normal mouse too
- only tested on linux with no hercules midi driver loaded
if anyone has any good ideas i’ll incorporate them into the mapping - one thought it to use track next/prev for deck1 for track browing and the ones for deck2 for load to deck 1/2, which might make sense even if i map the beatjumps to pitchbend +/1. not sure how those buttons are useful for pitchbend when you have the jogs for that - but maybe making it as normal as possible is the best idea?
you need to be running a build of 1.11 to use this mapping
Hercules-DJ-Console-Mk2-hid-20110513.zip (4.65 KB)