Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500

Hi,

I have just recently gotten into DJing live and the host that I stream through suggest Mixxx. I have been using it and recently bought my first controller, the one in the header.

I am asking if anyone has the preset for this model.

If not, could I modify an old preset like the Inpulse 300? Does it have to be completely remapped?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Hi,

I should have a fairly complete mapping in available the coming days, but in the meantime, you can select the Inpulse 300 preset included with the latest version of Mixxx to get you going. Most of the controls are the same so you’ll be able to use your controller.

2 Likes

Thank you. It works now!

Can I ask to have you let me know when its complete?

1 Like

Hi,
did you manage to set up your inpulse 500? I just got mine and and trouble shooting to get it to work.

1 Like

I would be interested in a mapping for the Impulse 500 as well.

Sorry. Been busy with other things. I will do my best to post a working mapping next week.

1 Like

Hercules_DJControl_Inpulse_500.midi.xml (67.2 KB) Hercules-DJControl-Inpulse-500-script.js (7.5 KB)

So with a bit of delay, here is the first version of the mapping for the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500. There is still work to be done, but the basics are there.

For details about the mapping and configuration, check out the Wiki page .

All questions and comments are welcomed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Just tested it, works great.

Just as a suggestion, would it be possible to control the skip function in Mixxx also? For example with Shift + Autoloop In / Out for skipping and Shift + Autoloop Knob for changing the Skip amount?

Or is there already something else on the controller for this?

Another one is, would it be possible to have the Hot Cue buttons light up in the same collor as they are set in Mixxx?

I believe hotcues matching the colours is possible under 2.3, which is currently in beta.

Just as a suggestion, would it be possible to control the skip function in Mixxx also?

By Skip, do you mean beatjump backward or forward through the song ?

If so, then simply switch the pad section into “Slider” mode to access the beatjump.

As for the color Hotcue, @patchtheuniform is correct about the added support in the current 2.3 beta, but with this mapping, you should technically get it colors with 2.2.4 ( at least I do). Instead of asking for the pad to simply light On or OFF, I’m actually calling a specific color which is handled by the controller.

Ah thanks, Im still new to this controller. This would do yea.

I tested the controller under windows with the 2.3 beta and i do get different colors on the pads when switching modes, but these seem to be static, as in; not linked to assigned Mixxx hotcue colors.

i do get different colors on the pads when switching modes, but these seem to be static, as in; not linked to assigned Mixxx hotcue colors

You are correct. As I said, right now they follow the order of the Hot Cue, with each pad assigned to a specific color. I’m hopeful to be able to work the code so that Mixxx will handle the colors, but at the moment, this was the best and quickest I could do. :smiley:

1 Like

If you want to get this mapping merged into the 2.2 branch, static hotcue colors are fine. For 2.3 and later, you can add support for custom colors as described here: https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/wiki/Hotcue-Colors#controller-mapping-integration (just added the missing documentation to the wiki :smile:).