Hi there! We want to make it as easy as possible for people to get involved in Mixxx development. First off, to be clear you don’t have to be a programmer to contribute.
[size=150]As a non-developer, you can help develop and improve Mixxx by:[/size]
- Making skins
- Making MIDI mappings for your controller
- Reporting bugs
- Updating our wiki to make sure the information on it is up to date.
- Translating Mixxx’s built-in text using Launchpad Translations.
- Making translations of the Mixxx Manual
- Answering questions on the Troubleshooting Forum and the Launchpad Answers page
[size=150]If you are a software developer here is how to get involved:[/size]
- You don’t have to know C++. There are developers who got into Mixxx development while learning C++ along the way
- Join our mailing list: mixxx-devel
- Join our IRC channel, #mixxx on Freenode.
- Tell us your ideas! Email us, talk on IRC, or post on the forums.
- Register an account on Launchpad and get our code from GitHub. See our Git Tutorial
- Get familiar with the code. Pick a bug off of the Easy Bug List
- Get help fixing the bug on IRC, talk to us about the best way to do it.
[size=150]3 Easy Steps:[/size]
- Pick a bug off of the Easy Bug List
- Talk to us on IRC for help on how to fix it.
- Fix it! Done! Your name will now be on the Mixxx contributor list
It’s as easy as that!