ME120sc controller MIDI map

Hi. I’ve been trying to map my AVE EzyMix controller, but the jogwheels are something of a stumbling block. Lubuntu recognises it as “ME120sc”, but I’ve not been able to find any manufacturer info’ to speak off. The same controller & interface appears to have been sold under various brands, and mine came bundled with VirtualDJ for PC & Mac. VDj support & forums have been no help whatsoever. I much prefer Mixxx, and I have no desire to run windows on my DJ comp’, let alone purchase a Mac…

If it’s a midi class compliant controller, you can use amidi, aseqdump or mixxx --controllerDebug to see the midi messages.

I believe it is. Lubuntu identifes it as ME120sc, and the audio & MIDI appear to be functional. I’ve been using MIDISnoop on my Lubuntu PC to read it, which shows me the CC & note values, though the controller preset files have some weird jargon-y stuff that I don’t recognise(some sort of hex’ code? 'Got me knackered either way). Thank you. I’ll try those others out once I’m done testing my new keyboard mixer in the studio…

I’ve come to the conclusion that the original branding is Yahorng but I can’t find any documentation out there. I’m on Windows and have managed to get the jogwheels and scratching going but I only have the other most basic functions mapped at this point. Would my scripts and xml files help you?

That would be thoroughly awesome, and very much appreciated. The jog-wheels are my major stumbling block. The rest can be easily identified via MIDISnoop, & mapped manually(mostly MIDI note values, & if I remember correctly, the decks each map to their own MIDI channels)…

There doesn’t appear to be a windows installer for MIDISnoop on github, though anything that monitors & displays MIDI output would likely do the trick(for example, I was using XLNAudio Addictive Drums2 for that purpose with other MIDI mapping issues when I still used windows)…

I’ve created a controller setup for the jog wheels only as my current setup is so incomplete. If you need help integrating the xml and scripts into your current setup, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MdL4n6NAdRir9Aqplyx2X6lJZOfB-SYJ?usp=sharing

Are you able to share your controller setup files too? I would love to not have to do that all myself!

I was doing my manual mapping via the Mixxx GUI, as I didn’t know where to look for the *.xml files, scripts, etc(Hopeless end-user here - I’ve just barely started getting my hands dirty with Linux, so I’m still fumbling my way through the filing system). I packed my experimenting computer away a few days ago, as I needed to clear out a room for storage. That’s buried under a heap of other gear, so it might be a while. I’ll see what I can do, though I might just have to dig up my controller & start over with your script on another computer. Once I was able to monitor MIDI output, the buttons, faders, etc were not too painful to map manually, more time-consuming really - the jog wheels was where I hit a brick wall(I started with the KaossDJ controller preset, & was progressively re-mapping the assignments on my experimenting comp’)…

No worries, I’ll be keen to get my hands on them when you can, but I’ll give you a few pointers here:

When you select Controllers in the preferences menu, you’ll see a button ‘Open User Mapping Folder’. This will open the folder with your xml file and scripts where you should also place mine.

Open up your current mapping file xml and between <scriptfiles> and </scriptfiles>, add

<file filename="Yahorng-ME120SC-scripts-Jog_Wheels.js" functionprefix="ME120SC_JogWheels"/>

Then, open up my Yahorng-ME120SC-Jog_Wheels.midi.xml file, copy everything between <controls> and </controls> add them between <controls> and </controls> in your own xml mapping file.

1 Like