Mixxx 2.0, on Lubuntu, with Hercules RMX, set up problems.

hi folks, I’m new here and in need of a little help ! I have Mixxx 2.0 on my Windows laptop and its working just fine with my Hercules RMX. So I have just added Lubuntu onto and older laptop and installed Mixxx 2.0 onto it, no problems, until you try to get it working with the Hercules RMX. Mixxx will recognise the RMX and set up for sound hardware but when I try to set it up as a controller a message says that"MIXXX DID NOT DETECT ANY CONTROLLER"… Can anyone help ?

How did you install Mixxx? If you installed from the PPA, this shouldn’t be an issue. Anyway, see this.

Hi there,

I used this , below, to install it, prior to this method I took it from the software centre and the results were the same from both methods.

Mixxx tells me that no controller can be found and does not list any preset controllers !

I’ll have a look at the link you sent me and give it a go,

cheers !

Open a terminal, and enter:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mixxx/mixxx
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mixxx

ok, i can confirm this works ( at least for me since before i upgraded my gear i had and still have it somewhere) a RMX, plug the controller in and open the terminal then copy and paste this into it

then just unplug it and then plug it back in, open mixxx and you should be good to go after that

The hdjmod is no longer maintained and may or may not work with recent versions of Linux. I wouldn’t be surprised if it causes issues with kernel updates. The RMX works with Mixxx as an HID controller without the hdjmod driver.

I can confirm that I tried to plug hercules rmx to lubuntu and run mixxx ver 2 but mixxx doesnt recognize the console what so ever.Only as audio output.