The Ubuntu PPA has been updated with Mixxx 2.2.1.
I am new to Mixxx, but I am loving it so far. However, there is no Karaoke file support; I know that there have been lots of people on here asking for it. Is there timeline to add it or is it even on the roadmap? This is a long-standing feature of Virtual DJ that could help convert more people over to Mixxx. It is the sole reason I do not use Mixxx more, although I hate Virtual DJ.
No one is actively working on a karaoke file support.
But it is very welcome. We just need a contributor to jump in here.
Mixxx 2.2.2 has been released and is available on the download page.
This release includes many stability and usability fixes. Please note that we had to disable writing of file tags for .ogg files with the current TagLib version 1.11.1 that would otherwise corrupt your precious files. Upgrading from version 2.2.1 is strongly recommended.
- Fix battery widget with upower <= 0.99.7. #2221
- Fix BPM adjust in BpmControl. lp:1836480
- Disable track metadata export for .ogg files and TagLib 1.11.1. lp:1833190
- Fix interaction of hot cue buttons and looping. lp:1778246
- Fix detection of moved tracks. #2197
- Fix playlist import. lp:16878282
- Fix updating playlist labels. lp:1837315
- Fix potential segfault on exit. lp:1828360
- Fix parsing of invalid bpm values in MP3 files. lp:1832325
- Fix crash when removing rows from empty model. #2128
- Fix high DPI scaling of RGB overview waveforms. #2090
- Fix for OpenGL SL detection on macOS. lp:1828019
- Fix OpenGL ES detection. lp:1825461
- Fix FX1/2 buttons missing Mic unit in Deere (64 samplers). lp:1837716
- Tango64: Re-enable 64 samplers. #2223
- Numark DJ2Go re-enable note-off for deck A cue button. #2087
- Replace Flanger with QuickEffect in keyboard mapping. #2233
Great work on 2.2.2! I’ve tested it a bit today, however the quoted problem still doesn’t seem to be fixed. If I select a song in the library, the playlists/crates that it is in are not shown in bold. I’ll have to downgrade to 2.1.8 again
All crates that contain all of the selected tracks should be highlighted. I agree that highlighting all creates that contain at least one of the selected tracks might be even more appropriate. Did this behavior change from 2.1 to 2.2?? But for a single, selected track this shouldn’t matter. Otherwise we have an issue on macOS.
But I don’t remember that we ever had such feature for playlists? History = playlists, i.e. no highlighting.
I can’t remember what version of Mixxx is currently on my main laptop but I know that for definite on that version, songs are highlights in playlists and history as well as crates. I don’t know if this has changed in a later version - I’ll check next time I’m by my laptop what version I’m running.
Oh, indeed, the code is still in place! But somehow inactive. I will report back what’s going on here.
On Fedora I get the highlighting for playlists, I simply didn’t use it:
What’s wrong with macOS then? Does the highlighting not work neither for crates nor for playlists? Then please file a bug, this is odd!
Unfortunately I’m not able to verify or fix it. Apple does not provide any support for cross-platform development.
First fix for 2.2.3 to get rid of some inconsistencies that confused me (see above) when selecting multiple tracks at once:
Highlighting of crates and playlists is only supported for single selected tracks.
my ubuntu upgaded to 2.2.2 and mixxx hangs at the loading screen. Only rebooting can kill the process. I’ll downgrade for now
Hi, thanks for the new version. I’d like to upgrade to 2.2.2 from 2.2.1 is there any way without uninstalling the old version and installing the new one (on windows)? how do I save crates/playlists?
The installer uninstalls the previous version and installs the new one. The settings and library are kept, because they are on a different folder (user folder), so you don’t need to worry about your crates and playlists, because they will be there after the re-installation.
Release (candidate) packages for 2.2.3 are available:
Please test and report any issues.
Is there a changelog for 2.2.3 I can view somewhere?
==== 2.2.3 2019-11-24 ====
- Don’t make users reconfigure sound hardware when it has not changed #2253
- Fix MusicBrainz metadata lookup lp:1848887 #2328
- Fix high DPI scaling of cover art #2247
- Fix high DPI scaling of cue point labels on scrolling waveforms #2331
- Fix high DPI scaling of sliders in Tango skin #2318
- Fix sound dropping out during recording lp:1842679 #2265 #2305 #2308 #2309
- Fix rare crash on application shutdown #2293
- Workaround various rare bugs caused by database inconsistencies lp:1846971 #2321
- Improve handling of corrupt FLAC files #2315
- Don’t immediately jump to loop start when loop_out is pressed in quantized mode lp:1837077 #2269
- Preserve order of tracks when dragging and dropping from AutoDJ to playlist lp:1829601 #2237
- Explicitly use X11 Qt platform plugin instead of Wayland in .desktop launcher lp:1850729 #2340
- Pioneer DDJ-SX: fix delayed sending of MIDI messages with low audio buffer sizes #2326
- Enable modplug support on Linux by default lp:1840537 #2244 #2272
- Fix keyboard shortcut for View > Skin Preferences lp:1851993 #2358 #2372
- Reloop Terminal Mix: Fix mapping of sampler buttons 5-8 lp:1846966 #2330
nicely done. Thank you!
Thank you for your hard work mixxx dev team.
I read from launchpad, next release (2.2.3) will be grid offset fix.
But cant see it.