Mixxx has stopped plaing newly downloaded mp3s

first time i have ever had this problem.big show coming and the new mp3 downloads have no wave form.

Do you have your audio outputs configured? Please post a screenshot of the Sound Hardware page of the preferences.

Also: Which OS, which Mixxx version? Is there something in the log file?

Having the same issue since last night. Download shows kB, but when I drag into Mixxx shows only artist and title but no kb

then you should answer the above questions of @Be0 and @hlzhs so someone can help you.

having the same problem, once i convert music to mp3, it plays in all my other players but when i load it to mixxx there is nothing there (Screenshot by Lightshot) these are my sound settings , when I drag into Mixxx shows only artist and title but no kb

@djantman @loserboy329
The log file will probably help to investigate the issue:

• start Mixxx
  • attempt to load the songs that failed to load earlier
  • close Mixxx

Then (don’t start Mixxx again) find the log file of that last session and post it here, please

this is a useless snippet from during the startup.
please provide the actual file. you may of course obsure parts you feel contain personal data, but don’t delete anything.

will try again later to send startup file, i hid the ones that didnt work, so i need to try to convert some other mp3

Hide from the tracks table?
The go to Tracks > Hidden, find the tracks and click Unhide in the track context menu or in the controls row above the table.

i will just reinstall the older version, it will be easier then trying all this stuff

wtf? this doesn’t help anyone, and makes reporting the bug pointless in the first place.

I don’t understand why you rather take the trouble of downgrading instead of picking one log file and uploading it here.

= go to the mixxx settings directory, pick the log, upload it here.
This takes like a minute…

Mixxx is a free and open source application. No user is obligated to do anything.
What users can do though is to report bugs and help us fix them, usually by providing log files and steps to reproduce. Only then Mixxx can become better.

What shall we do with a huge log file created by version 2.2.4?

@loserboy329 Would you mind installing 2.3 again then follow the procedure I described above

That log file would be helpful, because it is created with 2.3 and only contains the failed load so we can spot it easily.
Thanks!

mixxx.log (3.5 MB)

Where did you download your MP3s from? They are invalid and corrupt. The log file clearly indicates that:

Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - Differing sample rate in some headers: "C:/Users/clyde/Downloads/Struggle Jennings & Caitlynne Curtis __ God We Need You Now (Acoustic) (1).mp3"
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 3 MP3 headers with sample rate 8000 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 2 MP3 headers with sample rate 11025 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 4 MP3 headers with sample rate 22050 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 2 MP3 headers with sample rate 32000 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 10 MP3 headers with sample rate 44100 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - 2 MP3 headers with sample rate 48000 Hz
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - MP3 files with varying sample rate are not supported!
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - Since this happens most likely due to a corrupt file
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - Mixxx tries to plays it with the most common sample rate for this file
Info [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - Recoverable MP3 frame decoding error: forbidden bit allocation value
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceMp3 - Reading MP3 data with different sample rate 22050 Hz <> 44100 Hz - aborting
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: AudioSource - Failed to read sample frames: expected = [0 -> 1) , actual = [0 -> 0)
Info [CachingReaderWorker 1]: AudioSource - Shrinking readable frame index range: before = [0 -> 10368) , after = [0 -> 0)
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: AudioSource - Read test failed: expected = [0 -> 1) , actual = [0 -> 0)
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceProxy - Failed to read file "file:///C:/Users/clyde/Downloads/Struggle Jennings & Caitlynne Curtis __ God We Need You Now (Acoustic) (1).mp3" with provider "MAD: MPEG Audio Decoder"
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: SoundSourceProxy - Giving up to open file "file:///C:/Users/clyde/Downloads/Struggle Jennings & Caitlynne Curtis __ God We Need You Now (Acoustic) (1).mp3" after 2 unsuccessful attempts
Warning [CachingReaderWorker 1]: CachingReaderWorker - "[Channel1]" Failed to open file "C:/Users/clyde/Downloads/Struggle Jennings & Caitlynne Curtis __ God We Need You Now (Acoustic) (1).mp3"

Mixxx 2.3 might be more picky to avoid crashes when reading such files, Maybe some external liibraries for reading MP3 files have been upgraded between Mixxx 2.2.4 and 2.3 on Windows, I don’t know.

https://mp3juices.cc/
https://ytmp3.cc/en22/
i have been using these to to convert ,they both worked like steptember 29th and 30th

Thank You For All Your Help ,Renaming them to .m4a. worked. :grinning:

Using those barely legal platforms is not recommended.

The file extension is wrong. The downloaded .mp3 files contain no MP3 data but AAC audio streams in a DASH container.

Format                                   : dash
Codec ID                                 : dash (iso6/mp41)
File size                                : 4.35 MiB
Duration                                 : 4 min 41 s
Overall bit rate                         : 129 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2021-07-13 13:54:35
Tagged date                              : UTC 2021-07-13 13:54:35

Audio
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                                 : mp4a-40-2
Duration                                 : 4 min 41 s
Bit rate                                 : 128 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 4.30 MiB (99%)
Title                                    : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc.
Language                                 : English
Encoded date                             : UTC 2021-07-13 13:54:35
Tagged date                              : UTC 2021-07-13 13:54:35

Try to rename them to .m4a. Please note that decoding AAC files on Windows was and is still broken.