Modifying the Behringer UFO202 for use with Mixxx

is this something you have to do if your going to be using the behringer ufo202 with two technic 1200’s and a external mixer ?

As I understand it this sound card takes the input and has that “hard wired” to the output. Normally for vinyl control or CD control you have a timecode CD or record that the software (Mixxx, Serato, xwax) reads so as you change the playback of the timecode record or CD it changes the playback of the audio file (MP3, wav) the playback of the audio file goes out the output of this sound card and since the input is hard wired to the output what you end up with is the audio of the audio file you want plus the audio of the timecode of the control record/CD which you most definitely do not want to hear.

So yes, you would have to do this with two technic 1200s and an external mixer. and btw this soundcard only has one input and one output so you will need two of these Behringer UFO202s

JB

Thanks for the info :wink:
This sounds amazing for just 60 of your local currency (dollars or euro). I’ll try it!!!
But i got two questions…

1. Is it still working properly??
  2. Define “low output”. Could someone use one in a club environment or it’s just for home use? How does it stack up against the rane sl1 for example??? (i’m asking cause club systems are usually set for cdj’s levels, and with the exception of traktor soundcards and sl3, the old sl1 usualy requires quite some gain from the mixer, which kind of distorts the sounds some times).

Consumer audio equipment has a nominal line output level of -10dBV (0.316 Vrms), and the UFO is consumer-oriented. Professional audio equipment has a nominal line output level of +4dBu (~1.228 Vrms) and club systems are likely calibrated for professional equipment. Nearly all RCA jacks are -10dBV nominal, even on pro equipment. You would need to use XLR or 1/4" jacks to get a +4dBu output. However, you can still drive pro equipment with a consumer-level signal, it will just sound quieter. (Don’t go the other way though or you will clip the signal at best or destroy things at worst.) Some pro equipment has output level selector switches so as to match what you’re connecting to.

Hi, I cut the traces you showed in the picture, tried out the timecode in vdj and got this:

imgur.com/Dhauw

any help?

Also, in the ASIO4ALL panel, it says my soundcard is ‘Beyond Logic’. Guessing that I cut something that I shouldn’t have.

EDIT: The problem was that the UFO was set to phono instead of line (my turntable has a built in pre-amp)

Is there a fix like this but for the headphone jack?

I don’t want to hear my input source at all, just what the computer outputs :slight_smile:

The fix above does exactly what you want, it disconnects the input from all outputs : neither the RCA nor the jack output reproduce the sound from the input. (At least that’s what happened to me)

Hola, tengo una interfaz UFO 202 con este problema: Un canal de entrada no emite salida y el otro emite audio por las dos salidas simultáneamente. Alguien dispondrá del diagrama circuital?
I need the UFO 202’s schematic diagram, thanks in advance, best regards and congratulations for this job.

OK, I’m confused, there’s a UCA202 and a UFO202? I thought there was only one kind of silver one (and what are the differences)? And what’s the significance of this mod exactly? Looking to start another set-up (vinyl control, 2 external soundcards - Behringer, cause they’re the cheapest).

mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/hardware … ound_cards

The UFO202 has a phono preamp; the UCA202/222 don’t.

Oh I sees it. Thanx’, Be. I read another post saying that the 222 is best for vinyl control, is that true or should I get this UFO202?

Peg-A-Leg said “UFO 222”, I think he meant “UFO 202”.

What do you mean by “best for vinyl control”? If you mean the best of very cheap sound cards, yes, the Behringer UFO202 is the best of those for vinyl control. There are much better sound cards available for vinyl control, but they cost much more. Read through the Sound Cards section of the Hardware Guide.

Yes, I have visited the Souncard guide (Thank You). If not a pair of UFO202s, then I would consider a Ebox44 perhaps (don’t want to spend a whole lot). I spent more with the Maya44 and it took me months to get right, UCA202 took minutes (just didn’t end up keeping it).

Massive necropost - but worth posting i think.

I’ve followed this tutorial tonight on 2 new UFO-202’s - it works great. make sure you cut in deep enough to cut the trace or you be disocnnecting/reconnecting a few times :slight_smile:

Re: UFO-202 - There arent any dedicated asio drivers available for windows 10 (that they offer for download)- they use asio4all. But with asio4all, i’m getting 10ms latency and 40% cpu usage on a Celeron N2830 (dual core 2.13Ghz), using local flacs.

Trying to access files via wifi caused issues in playback - almost certainly due to the fact that im using a £300 lapto pto do the job of a £1200 laptop.

Locally synced files play great though, and the feel is excellent at 10ms, I can’t feel any latency at all.

With a more powerful laptop I’m sure i could move to 5ms or better. Total cost? £48 for the ufo 202’s and £28 for the serato vinyl = £76 for a DVS system. Happy bunny.

Does anyone tried the same on Fun Generation UA-202 from Thomann?
I opened it but it’s not obvious were to cut as it’s not the same wiring.
Any help would be welcome.

Post a picture and maybe someone can help. Take the highest resolution, most well focused picture of the pcb that you can.

But I gotta say, without one to play with and a scope - it’s a guess.

You’ll probably brick it. They’re about £20 a pop which is basically the same price as the behringer ones.

They use the same chip so I bet it’s possible, but i’d Recommend selling them and getting the behringers if you must hack something about.

I was asking expecting it to be a clone but I just tested it and it work fine without any modification (Fun Generation UA-202 ). Lucky me!

I read that there was some monitoring latency in a review - this means that the feed through is software derived which sounds about right. Very cool! DVS for the masses at £45 the lot. If only someone would plonk 2 on one USB chip it’d be a real contender in a price point zone in the hundreds.