Multiple functions to different Midi output

I want to have 4 different modes for each of my 8 decks buttons below the cue, auto loop, fader, sample buttons depending on which was pressed last between cue, auto loop, fader cuts and sample. This doesn’t seem supported by the controller when I’ve debugged the midi outputs. Any advice on doing this?

From the looks, I am assuming that’s the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX controller (It wouldn have been great if you already provided that information).

There is a Mixtrack Platinum mapping: Numark Mixtrack Platinum Mapping - #264 by iamcodemaker
and a Mixtrack Platinum FX mapping : Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX Mapping
that you could use or find how to do so.

And, of course, there are some buttons on some controllers that are only used by the controller. I don’t know if that’s the case for the four top buttons.

You may need to implement this directly in the mapping via scripting. If the controller doesn’t track the mode internally when you press those buttons, then the mapping will need to do it. Discuss it on the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX thread.

1 Like

That’s normal. Check the source code of the Roland DJ-505 mapping for inspiration, it also supports multiple pad modes through scripting.

1 Like

On my VCI-380 controller, some controls are automatically aware of the pad mode and send different codes, some others are not.
What I did and you need to do, as suggested, is maintaining a variable containing the current mode. Change its value when mode buttons are pressed, and do some switch/case conditions on this variable to adapt the behaviour according to the mode.
For visual cue, you can also change the light colors of the pads, if you controller allows.