My program has been updated. Prior to alpha version

My program has been updated. Prior to alpha version. Today I saw that the MIX program was updated to ALPHA version 2.4.0. How to downgrade to version 2.3.0 beta?

What OS are you using and how did you update Mixxx?

Check https://mixxx.org/download/#unstable for 2.3 downloads, the mixxx betas ppa respectively

Linux. Ubuntu Studio 20 LTS,

The day before yesterday there was still version 2.3.0. The update most likely came along with the OS update.

Sorry, I messed up the versions in the mixxxbetas PPA. It should be fixed now. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the package.

Did not work out. Writes that a newer version is already installed.

Are the settings saved?

Your settings should be fine.

Even the database upgrades are backwards compatible with older versions, nothing to worry about if you already started this alpha version.

Just uninstall the wrong package version and reinstall. Not sure if removing and re-adding the PPA is required to get rid of any cached package data? @daschuer May have some advice here.

Just noticed that we have a minor issue with backwards compatibility of the recently added last_played_at column that gets populated only once during schema migration. So even such an “accident” can have positive implications. Will be fixed before 2.4.0 gets released :wink:

sudo apt-get remove
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mixxx

should do the trick.

sudo apt-get remove mixxx
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mixxx

should do the trick.

Thanks, reinstalled.