Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX Mapping

Hi,

this is my first post since Im really new here. So at first: mixxx is awesome!! I love it.
I’m thinking about buying my first controller and I really like the Numark Mixtrack Platinum. Since there is a newer version, the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX, I think about buying this one.

Currently there seems to be no mapping available for mixxx. Is it possible that the FX will be supported soon or at least working with basic features (like start/pause playback, jogwheel displays working, cue-point settings) when using a similar models mapping?
I just don’t want to buy an “soon to be outdated” controller…

Thanks in advance!
Lemming

The FX is similar to the older Platinum, I would try using the Numark Platinum Controller template, that already comes with MixxX.
Connect your Controller (befor you start Mixxx) and see if it is recognized under Mixxx=>Preferences=>Controllers.
If yes, activate it and choose “Numark Platinum” as Template from the Dropdown that will apear.

Basics should work now … for everything special or new, use the midilearn function of Mixxx.

Hope that helps a bit

Thank you LXNDR71! I have ordered the controller and will try it out. I will give you feedback here.

That was my thought at first as well, however, there were several suggestions to base the Platinum FX mapping on the Mixtrack Pro 3 one. Supposedly the only difference is the latter lacks the jogwheel displays. If that’s the case, then I’d definitely go with Pro 3 mapping as the base.

My repo with the mapping: https://github.com/istankovic/Numark-Mixtrack-Platinum-FX.
Exiting the demo mode works, and there are few trivial mappings, but nothing else.

Thanks @istankovic. Exiting the demo-mode now works for me too!

I tried the “Numark MixTrack Pro FX” mapping from @bad1dea5 with the Platinum FX and it really seems to be a good start! A lot of controls are already working. Nice!
The main thing missing for me is the lack of the displays…

Hello,
my Mixtrack Pro FX works partially with the MIDI mapping of the Mixtrack Platinum only, I am considering replacing it with the Mixtrack Platinum FX, what do you think?
Has anyone tried the Platinum FX with the Platinum mapping and does it also have partial and correct controller operation?
Thank you in advance for your answers :wink:

So I’m totally new to this and am not seeing any other topics for this specific controller - please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere and I didn’t know the right terms to look up! :slight_smile:

When I try to load the “Numark Mixtrack Platinum” preset and hit anything on the controller, I get an error about “A control you just used is not working properly”, with the details saying that in line 1, it can’t find the “MixtrackPlatinum” variable. But line 1 in the script (after comments) is “var EnableWheel = true;”

What am I missing? :frowning:

The line 1 refers to a dynamically generated line from the “key” of the control in the xml file. There, in order to call to a function in the script, refers to the object instance MixtrackPlatinum.

The reason for this to not be found is most probably that there was a problem loading the javascript file.

I cannot know why this might happen, but a possible solution would be selecting a different mapping, and reselecting the Mixtrack Platinum one in order to refresh the contents.
Also, when this is done, remember to disable and reenable the checkbox. ( disable, apply, enable, appy).

1 Like

Thanks so much, that did the trick!

Hallo,
I did some work to Map the FX:

Still some work to do but already good to go.
3 Likes

If you think this should be integrated into Mixxx, it would be good if you’d fork the Mixxx repository and open a PR.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I had a very small issue running this mapping under Linux. After copying it to my mappings folder and starting Mixxx, I got an error message regarding the “&” Symbol in line nr. 5 (“author”).

Maybe the & should be replaced or escaped somehow.

Escape the & with & like in HTML

check the code and make sure all the headings match… even the file name

Hey there, apologies if this is the proper place for this question, but I’m seriously considering this Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX controller and am wondering how this mapping is coming along for using it with Mixxx - is it a good fit? I’d prefer to use Mixxx than Serato - thanks!

I’ve just got this mapping working, and everything works as desired that I can see has been done.

I really want hotcues though. Can you give me any tips on how to make them work? I’m really knew to using Midi, but know some javascript and python and was hoping to contribute once I’ve got my head round the relationship between the controller, mixx, the xml file and the js file. Any pointers really welcome.

It looks like mapping does have working hotcues. What error are you getting?

Ignore me, working fine and dandy now, think I hadn’t re-loaded the XML file.