[LEDS]
sync,cue,play,pfl,pads

[SHIFT]
browse      - scroll
load        - load and play
play        - reverse direction
cue         - goto begin of track

https://github.com/bad1dea5/NumarkMixtrackProFx

This is all new to me, so its not going to be perfect. I’m still trying to get the vumeters to work.

1 Like

This controller is almost the same as the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 and I suspect most of the MIDI messages are the same. So I suggest starting with the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping and making the changes specific to this controller.

Thanks for making a great start on this. For me, the shift functionality is wrong - for instance, to remove a cue you press shift, release, press the pad, and then press shift again to come out of shifted mode. When I have some time I will look to fix this.

Hello, I am quite interested in this controller (FX line).

In my opinion, doing a mapping for the pro FX mixtrack will almost allow you to have a mapping for the platinium FX.
The only differences between these 2 controllers are:

• the information screen on the platinium jogs (which already existed on the old platinium mixtrack)
  • the 4 turntables on the platinium (which also existed on the old platinium mixtrack)

Also all the platinium fx buttons are present on the pro fx, which means that it should also be possible to have 4 turntables on the pro FX.

I have the impression that this line of Mixtrack FX controllers is in direct competition with the popular Pionneer DDJ400 and the NI S2 mk3.

In any case if I opt for this controller, which is likely I would be happy to give feedback.

Thank you very much for starting to write the mapping for this controller.

Then, Why wouldn’t it be better to start the platinum FX mapping out of the platinum mapping instead of the pro one? Isn’t it just a few more buttons?

1 Like

Hi,

I just got a Mixtrack Platinum FX and would love to see a mapping for it.
Also, I’m pretty new to mixxx and have only glanced the mappings but am wondering the same question as @JosepMa: would it not make more sense to start with the platinum mapping instead of the pro one?

Also, I’d like to help out with the mapping development. At the very least, I can test stuff. But if needed, I can also work on the mappings in order to help with the effort. I would just like to avoid duplicate work.

@bad1dea5 thanks for sharing your work!
One thing I’d like to ask, If I may: how did you tell the controller to stop his ****ing “carnival mode” (LEDs jumping around and not responding to midi, although the controls work) when Mixx launches?

I know it didn’t before installing your script, so I’m curious, how did you do that?

Is that a midi message sent to the unit on connect? If so, what message? I’m trying to map the Mixtrack Pro fx in Traktor Pro 3 and knowing this could MAYBE help me getting rid of that stupid demo mode…

Thanks!

That’s done with a MIDI SysEx message, which is used to exit the so-called demo mode. The message
depends on the controller and I have just found out that it is the following for my Platinum FX:

[0xf0, 0x00, 0x20, 0x7f, 0x04, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xf7]
:fireworks:

1 Like

well thanks a lot man! now i only need to find how to send sysex from traktor! But hey, it’s a start!

Thanks again!

@bad1dea5, any news on the progress with your mapping? What is the current status? Do you think it makes sense for me to start the Platinum FX mapping based on your work, rather than doing it from scratch?

I think it would probably be easier to start from the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping.

I have a Mixtrack Platinum FX too but the MIDI Sysexmsg does not seem to work for me (I copied the “Mixtrack Platinum” Controller mapping and edited the “end demo-mode” line).

Where did you get the “Message-String” from?
Do you have the displays on the Jogwheels working?

Thanks,
Lemming

P.S. Maybe we should move this to an extra topic? Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX Mapping

I did a bit of reverse-engineering. Please try out the files at https://github.com/istankovic/Numark-Mixtrack-Platinum-FX. Right now there’s not much else besides exiting the demo mode.
Let me know if it works for you.

No, but I guess it should not take too much effort…

Definitely, I’ll continue the discussion there.
Thanks for joining the Platinum FX club! :slight_smile:

I’ve made updates for this, check out the github page.

You can exit demo mode with
0xF0, 0x7E, 0x00, 0x06, 0x01, 0xF7

Thanks for getting off to a great start with this work. For me the change function is incorrect, for example to delete a signal, press Shift, release, press the keyboard and press Shift again to exit Shift mode. If I have time I will try to fix this problem.

Hello bad1dea5, I’m having a lot of trouble understanding, I tried your mapping files for the Mixtrack Pro FX and nothing works (except the code you gave to turn off demo mode), I even have a code error on each launch (here was a problem parsing the XML file /home/user/.mixxx/controllers/MixTrack_Pro_FX_MIDI_1.midi.xml. unexpected character at line 50, column 90) and I do not see the name of the midi file in the Presets … On the other hand, when I try the controller having chosen the mapping of the Mixtrack Platinum, I have a partial operation of the controller.

So, since my Mixtrack Pro FX works partially with the MIDI mapping of the Mixtrack Platinum, I am considering replacing it with the Mixtrack Platinum FX, what do you think?
Has anyone tried the Platinum FX with the Platinum mapping and does it also have partial and correct controller operation?
Thank you in advance for your answers :wink: