Pinoneer DDJ-SB2 MIDI Mapping

Here is the pioneer DDJ-sb2 mapping.
He is almost perfect, all the controls work but if you change your deck one to 3 withe the toggle button. The lights from the touch pads don’t light. But they all work it’s only the lights from the touch pads who don’t work. If someone can fix the light, he works perfect.
So if someone can please fix the lights that they work perfect.
Pioneer-DDJ-SB2-scripts.js (34.3 KB)

Here is the pioneer DDJ-sb2 mapping.
He is almost perfect, all the controls work but if you change your deck one to 3 withe the toggle button. The lights from the touch pads don’t light. But they all work it’s only the lights from the touch pads who don’t work. If someone can fix the light, he works perfect.
So if someone can please fix the lights that they work perfect.
These files are the good files
mixxx scripts controller ddj-sb2.7z (9.08 KB)

@Be:
Yes i put it to git. But befor i do this, i polish the code ready, test short all functions again and implement some more the manual want. I mean some usersettings in JS file and other stuff.

So long …

@Guide:
I remember, that i have had problems like you. The reason was the manual. Some Midi-Codes are wrong. I found it with midi-ox.

dg3nec and Guido, what are the differences between your mappings? Did you both start independently from the DDJ-SB mapping, or is Guido’s mapping an update of dg3nec’s mapping? Could you work together to make one complete mapping?

I tried Guido’s script.
As he told, Decks 3+4 works but you have to use them blind (no LED support).
The UV meter works very good.
The gain knobs and the Pad-trans are still functionless.
It’s a step forward to a good working script.
Good work

OK, i have now finishd XML and some functions. Looks good for a test and to find out what additional is needed.

Please load the latest files from git.
Look at: https://github.com/dg3nec/mixxx/tree/DDJ-SB2/res/controllers

The files you need are:
Pioneer-DDJ-SB2-scripts.js
Pioneer-DDJ-SB2.midi.xml

(Click right and “save as”)

Remeber:
Edit the js-file to configure some features :wink:

A Wiki Page is started. Based on the good DDJ-SB manual. Hope all changes are done.
http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/pioneer_ddj-sb2

PS: This mapping based not on Guido’s. It based on DDJ-SB mapping for Mixxx 1.12

Changelist:
2015-11-15 User Option preview and documented in Wiki
2015-12-05 FX litle other use implemented and prevent a press knob when rotate follows. Manual is updated.
2015-12-12 Add function "fade tempo-slider smoth to 0 with “shift keylock”. Manual updated. Speed can set under options.

You can link to direct file downloads on GitHub. Click the “Raw” button on the top right of the file when viewing it online. Here are the direct links:
Pioneer-DDJ-SB2.midi.xml
Pioneer-DDJ-SB2-scripts.js

Do you have a .tsi file to Traktor 2 (Pioneer DDJ-SB2) ? :slight_smile:

dg3nec, is this mapping done? If not, what is missing? If it is done, please open a pull request so we can include it in the 2.0 release :slight_smile:

This is the Mixxx forum. We do not offer support for other DJ programs here. TSI files are incompatible with Mixxx.

Is someone still working on the script?

Script is working, but not ready polished. I will sse waht i can do this weekend. Thanks for information about deadline.

If it works as you want but the code could be neater, don’t worry if you run out of time to clean it up this weekend. Better to get a functional mapping included in Mixxx 2.0 and clean it up later than not have it in the release.

OK, hope i have all done whats to do. Hole Contributing Mappings in wiki. The pullrequest was send some seconds ago :wink:. Please have a look to the pull. Thanks allot.

What’s make me nervus is, and was, before a pull: there was no feedback like OK or NOK. Strange.

GREAT thank’s to Be and Pegasus.
Your hint’s are done. Next step can come :slight_smile:

Big thanks for all the great work you guys have done! I would have one more request, would it be possible to make the trim pots work?

my trim pots are working

anyone still working on this? everything works flawlessly , but does anyone know how to get the master level knob and the pad trans working?

From the wiki page:

the gain knobs work fine, but it would be great if the pad trans work too

I’m not sure if this was fixed in a newer release, but in the official release copy of the mapping I have, there is a bad mapping for the Mid-Kill button of the right deck kill modes. Pressing the mid-kill for any of the right decks (2-4) results in a high kill (which makes the high kill pad led light up actually). The led mapping is fine, but the button mapping is incorrect.