Pulse Audio and Mixxx

Hi folks!

Is PulseAudio Support planned to be added to Mixxx?
I would really appreciate that because Mixxx is nearly the only one application on my system which cannot cope with Pulseaudio.
I cannot use the Pulseaudio Plugin for ALSA with Mixxx either because the Device Pulse does not appear in the Alsa Device List in the Preferences.
(In other applications the Pulse Plugin for ALSA does work though)

Thanks in advance

You can try launching Mixxx with “pasuspender mixxx” to see if that helps.

PulseAudio support isn’t currently planned. PulseAudio support must be added directly to the PortAudio library in order for us to support it. About a month or two ago someone on the PortAudio development mailing list mentioned they were working on a PulseAudio backend, but I can’t comment as to the timeline of that or the likelihood of that getting completed.

doesnt work for me.

if i choosed pulsaudio or default output . i cant load tracks and cant play them!!
when i choose direct intel hda hw0,0 all is fine.

this is what i get in Terminal

Expression 'paTimedOut' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 3113 Expression 'PaAlsaStream_WaitForFrames( stream, &framesAvail, &xrun )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 3515

regards maik

btw: ubuntu 10.10 x64, mixxx 1.8.1 x64

solved.

starting mixxx in terminal with “mixxx” works!
starting mixxx from gnome menü doesnt work!
because: command in gnome menü for mixxx is " pasuspender mixxx ", without " pasuspender " mixxx work perfect.

regards maik

fucking neat!

thx

(Mixxx 1.8.1, Ubuntu 10.10)