Reloop Beatpad ready for 1.12 !

I am proud to present you a complete mapping for the Reloop Beatpad.

This mapping introduces many new Mixxx features (v1.12) and combine some unique features never seen in Mixxx mapping, like the “iCut” mode (“Jog Scratch” mode that does automatic cut of the fader while scratching).

4000 lines of code, thoroughly tested.

Install Note :

• The “Shift lock” switch on the controller should be in Off position for best experience.
  • The mapping is specially designed for Mixxx 1.12 that includes bunch of new features like Effects and is not guaranteed to work in previous versions.
    People who would like to addapt the mapping for Mixxx 1.11 are welcome to do it.
  • Although specially designed for Deere skin, it will fork for the other skins too

Please refer to this post : How-to: Use user-submitted controller mappings

Wiki/Manual : http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/reloop_beatpad

Attachement : The mapping
Reloop_Beatpad_mapping_for_mixxx_1_12_mapping_v1.2.1.zip (20.6 KB)

There is no need to make a separate manual and wiki page. Just make a wiki page and link to it in the first post of this thread.

Of course I will make an attachmen to he first post. For the wiki, I would like but I don’t think I have the access to the Mixxx Wiki.

My 2 cents, I can edit the Wiki, but I don’t know were I can create a new page in it. Thank you Be
Edit : OK I found the wiki that explains how to do it. Great !
Edit2 : Wiki created :slight_smile:

Mapping updated (see first post)
Changelog :

• mapping of shift states for the equalizer knobs and the level fader (SHIFT+GAIN, SHIFT+HIGH, SHIFT+MID, SHIFT+LOW, SHIFT+CUE MIX and SHIFT+Level fader)
  • Wiki link on this page and in the mapping
  • Various installation notes

Enjoy and do not hesitate to give your feedback

Mapping update due to this :
bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1504503

Big Update :

• The Wiki manual is finished ! Please read it carefully in order to be the best DJ in the world ! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Mapping files : various optimisations, code cleanup, testing, rework of the Sampler Mode

Links to the Wiki and to the mapping files in the first post.

Huge Update :

• The Wiki manual is updated ! Please read it carefully in order to be the best DJ in the world ! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Mapping files : various optimisations, code cleanup, testing, rework of the simple press/double press/long press behaviour, rework of lights control, complete quality check of the code with validators, and… ready to be an official Mixxx mapping. :stuck_out_tongue:

Links to the Wiki and to the mapping files in the first post.

Mapping files (Minor updates) :

• code cleanups, typos corrections, rework and final version of the simple press/double press/long press behaviour (SYNC button)

Wiki/manual :

• Reloop Beatpad Tips & Tricks & troubleshooting section added (work in progress).

Reloop Beatpad will be officially included in the next Mixxx 1.12beta release

The mapping is now included in all 1.12 official releases

Hi chloé,

first of all, u did fantastic work! Its great for me to have the possibility to quit traktor and coming back to my loved mixxx! Thx a lot! I have only one problem and i hope u can help me for this.

I am using mixxx 2.0 on linux and btw i tried 1.2 too but it is the same here. The outer ring doesnt work for bending in scratch mode. Did i understand something wrong in ur wiki?

Perhaps its a bug and if not i am sorry for the inconvinience.

Best
Marco

No, it’s not a bug, it works, but it’s not terrific : you have to turn the jog like crazy to see the effect