I recently bought a Roland DJ-505 and started to create a Mixxx mapping for it. The thing is slightly bigger version of the DJ-202, which also has a mapping in development. I used that as starting point.
What does work?
- Most basic knobs/sliders/buttons (play, sync, cue, volume, speed, EQ, Jogwheels)
- Effect sections
- Performance Pads (including LEDs) with Hotcue, Roll, Loop and Sampler modes
- TR-S drum machine (including FX routing, custom samples and BPM sync… but no beatmatching yet)
What does not work?
- TR-S sync beatmatching
- Routing TR-S custom samples through the FX section
- Effect Section “FX SELECT” button
- Some Performance Pads modes (Slicer, Velocity, Cue Loop, Pitch Play, …)
- Shift button on Performance Pads
- A few buttons (e.g. “ADD PREPARE” or “SLOT SELECT”)
- Probably Performance Pad Parameter Buttons (+/-)
The TR-S provides it’s own input channels (channels 7-8 on Linux) that need to be mapped to “Auxiliary3”. Also, you should map input channels 1-2 to “Auxiliary1” and channel 3-4 to “Auxiliary2”. Those are needed for the PC/LINE/PHONO switches on the front of the device.
If someone has ideas, requests or wants to help out, feel free to comment in this forum thread or open a GitHub issue.