Setting up Mixxx with Skype and 2 soundcards

Hello,

I’m using Mixxx quite along time now for DJ-ing on an internet-radio station.
Now I want to use Skype to do interviews with the listeners.
My setup is quite easy: Win 10, 2 soundcars (one build in (realtek HDA), the other is a Creative SB X-Fi). (see screenshot: in Dutch)

2020-06-15 (2).png

The mic is connected through my Behringer Xenyx 1002 FX mixer, which I connected to the line-input of the Creative SB.
Mixxx uses the Creative SB in-/output.

Now my simple thought was to let Skype use the build in card and use it as a secondary mic through my Behringer and connect in the line-input of the Realtek.

My system sees both audio-cards, but Mixxx and Skype only the Creative SB…
What should or could I do to make it work?

Regards
MM

Nobody? :unamused:

I suggest you investigate “Jack Audio Connection Kit for Windows” to route audio from Skype to Mixxx.

The official Jack Audio site is https://jackaudio.org/

Mixxx will see different audio devices depending upon which sound API you are using. (Options-Preferences-Sound Hardware-Sound API) Each time you change the soud API, you will probably see different Input & output options under Output -Master, Headphones etc & Input-Microphone 1,2, 3,4 Aux 1,2,3,4 etc.
Skype may see different audio devices depending on whether you start Skype first or Mixxx first.
Personally, if I were to try interviews over Skype & pass the audio through to Mixxx I would run Skype on a separate computer & simply patch the output from that computer to the Mic/Line In on the Mixx computer or controller - but maybe that’s because all my computers are about 10 yrs old and I understand physical cables better than ephemeral internal audio routing.