My library uses standardized and custom metadata fields to store information about a track.
Example (data taken from discogs release #3259936):
- Track Artist: Dave Armstrong
- Track Title: Make Your Move
- Track Subtitle: AC Radio Edit
- Release Publisher: Unlimited Sounds
- Initial Key: C
- Publisher ID: SPV 055-16485
- Discogs Release ID: 3259936
… and a few more
Some of these fields are
- standardized in ID3v2 and supported by the Mixxx library: Track Artist (
TPE1), Track Title (
- standardized in ID3v2 and not supported by the Mixxx library: Track Subtitle (
TIT3), Publisher (
TPUB), Initial Key (
- custom (
The standardized fields are not exclusive to ID3v2, I used the tag mapping overview of the tagging tool MP3Tag as orientation for Vorbis tag field names.
My problem: I’m missing the subtitle and publisher field in the library view of Mixxx. These are really helpful to me when browsing the library and searching for the next track of my set.
- I found in a forum thread from 07/2020 that there’s currently no support for browsing custom metadata fields in the library.
- The related issue Custom tags / metadata support does not contain additional information.
- I found a pull request for Custom Tags (#2656); if I understand it right, tag does not mean a metadata field here, but a new feature for the Mixxx library that sits on top of file metadata.
- Are there any additional forum threads, issues or pull requests that relate to this topic?
- Is it planned that the mentioned pull request #2656 allows to view my fields Subtitle and Publisher in the library view?