Traktor Kontrol S2 MK1

Hi Everyone
I have acquired a Traktor Kontrol S2 MK1 and would like to use it with Mixxx. There are clearly no preset mappings for this controller in Mixxx. Has anyone created a custom mapping for this controller? Or conversely can someone tell me how one goes about creating a mapping? Is this prohibitively difficult? Am I insane thinking this can be done? Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Hi there,

I don’t believe you can (easily) use the S2 MK1 as the MK1s uses the proprietary NHL protocol. s4 mk1's HID protocol | NI Community Forum

Also have a look here: Bug #1432442 “support older Native Instruments controllers on GN...” : Bugs : Mixxx

Hi
I have made a controller mapping for the first version of the Traktor S2 (see below). It is very crappy now but it proves the point that it is in fact possible as NHL is probably just a fancy name for HID.
The mapping is copied and adjusted from the Mk2 as they are very similar.

Traktor-Kontrol-S2-MK1-hid-scripts.js (60.3 KB)
Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk1.hid.xml (770 Bytes)

3 Likes

Hey! this is awesome, I’ve been desperately trying to get my kontrol s2 mk1 to work, (doesn’t seem like it’s supported by traktor anymore?) and this is the closest I’ve come, so thank you so much for proving it possible. Is there any chance you could get a better version of this script working? I’m willing to pay a lil bit or trade some commissioned art, something, anything! :rofl:

Hi
I worked on the mappings a bit and the latest version can be found here in the res/controllers folder.

This mapping makes use of the new intro outro feature in 2.3 (beta). When this mapping is used with mixxx 2.2.4 an error pops up when hitting the reset button on the Traktor.
The jogwheels on the controller are pressure sensitive and not well calibrated. If you do not like the pressure at which a jogwheel touch is recognized change the first setting in the Traktor-Kontrol-S2-MK1-hid-scripts.js. Increasing the JogWheelTouchThreshold increases the activation force. This can be done individually for each jogwheel.

I have not looked at the FX mappings jet.
If you experience any issues, please let me know.

@Cramble my Traktor S2 Mk1 works fine with Traktor Pro 2 plus the separate device driver from the NI website.

Do you consider to upstream this mapping as pull-request: Contributing Mappings · mixxxdj/mixxx Wiki · GitHub

@DJ_D-Town Yes #3905

2 Likes